Originally, the Taipei region was administered as a part of Keelung (雞籠) or Tamsui (淡水). It was not until the first year of the Guangxu reign period (1875 A.D.) that the name “Taipei” came into being, when Shen Baozhen called for the establishment of a Taipeh Prefecture (台北府), with Taipeh meaning northern Taiwan. Taipei County (台北縣) was first established during the Japanese occupation, in an attempt to emulate the administrative system of the Qing Dynasty. It was later renamed Taipei Prefecture (台北廳) as the administrative zones in Taiwan underwent further restructuring. In 1920, the name was changed once more, this time to Taihoku Prefecture (台北州). After the end of the Japanese colonial period, Taihoku Prefecture was renamed Taipei County. The capital of Taihoku Prefecture became Taipei City, and was thereafter considered a separate administrative division. Taipei County’s county seat was relocated to present-day Banqiao City.